Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here comes the Ox!!!!!!

It's 'that' time of the year again!!!!!

It has been a tiring 4 days for me but hey, I do enjoy it coz you can only see "this" kind of people around this year. It is big thing for my office around this year as we are in the Services' Industry/Customers' Orientated Industry and that means treating them like Kings and Queens even if they projected themselves like paupers!!!! Please don't get me wrong, I got nothing against Chinese but really, what is your obsession with Ang-Pau packets ?(even the non-Chinese are guilty of doing it). I like to list some of the dos and don'ts when asking for the red packets.

Do take whatever is given, maybe 1 packet(10pieces) is ridiculous, 2 are just nice, 3 are ok but 4 - you are too much, NOT AS IF YOU HAVE LOADS OF MONIES TO GIVE AWAY!!!!!!!

Don't bang the counter or stomp your feet when there are no more to give away - you will look like overgrown kid and it's not pretty (especially when you are over 50).

Do go around town - other organization produce better and sometimes for marketing purposes, companies giving it out more freely.

Don't be dependent on others - you can get it out of your own pocket. There are so much nicer.

and lastly,

Do use Internet banking to give monies then we do not have to produce a lot of the packets; cut cost, cut paper; save the trees.

Anybody want to add??

Anyway as my Chinese friends ushering the Ox's year I would be taking an easier and slower pace - having 4 days off.

Happy New Year my friends!!!!!!

No comments: