Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's the weekend again

I went to the Old Folks Home - Seri Kenangan this morning, my first community project with the Bank. Orang tuai, lonely, unhappy and bitter. One man in particular said that we are all thick face and the only reason why they are still hanging around with us is because they are waiting for the angpow distribution... Kesiannya. Then I asked where are his family members. He said he only has one son but he is also dah gila..... Kesiannya. Then I met one dayak woman; she was never married that is why nadai orang nyaga... Sinuuu.... But she is the cheerful type and I enjoy talking with her especially when she told me of the 'love affairs' and the scandals that has been going on there. I wouldn't be surprise though....


Ezra kept bugging me about joining the Boys' Brigade, so Abet (my brother) and I sent him to St. Faith. His friends greeted him but he was so malu that he clinged to me. We stayed for 15minutes but when he didn't showed any sign that he is going to join them I dragged him home..... I was upset coz I failed to teach them self-confidence; not to feel malu; just go out there, try something new and be adventurous. Anybody want to comments on that?

I have dreams for my kids, no actually, there are all MY DREAMS; the ones that I myself failed to fulfilled and try to channel it to the kids. One of them is.. So that they live a life knowing and serving the LORD; to know that He is real and alive; He should be the centre of everything that they do. That is not only my dream, that is my desire. That is why I don't mind even if I have to send him every Saturday to church so that he can be in the company where he will surely learn of this.

1 comment:

ND said...

macam beauty pagent..ajak melawat rumah org tua..and u are miss Sarmax?